Mission Statement: Training Graduates to become outstanding teachers driven by pupil progress, personalisation and partnership.
SOUTH COAST SCITT NEWSLETTER APRIL 2017
Dear South Coast SCITT Partners
As we are now an ever growing partnership, the SCITT Management Board has decided that we will send a brief monthly newsletter to partner schools to ensure that everyone is kept informed of key events and messages. Please feel free to pin up a copy in your staffroom.
Marketing and Recruitment
We have several places left for our 2017-18 course. Please support us by publicising our marketing events widely:
- Train to teach Event at Poole High School on Wednesday 5th April 2017 5pm to 7pm
- Open Evening at South Coast SCITT on Wednesday 3rd May 2017 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
There’s no need to book – just turn up on the evening!
Follow us on Twitter: @SouthCoastSCITT and please make sure that your school website provides a link to the SCITT website: www.scscitt.co.uk
The majority of centre based training has now been completed and trainees have evaluated the quality of this highly. Trainees will also return to the SCITT for one day on Friday 12th May.
School based training
- Thank you to all host schools and mentors for making trainees welcome at their placement school. Please refer to SCITT documentation for general guidance but also work with us to personalise our support and challenge for each trainee.
- All trainees on our New Forest and Isle of Wight courses are currently on track to complete the course and attain a final grade of ‘good’ or better but mentors are requested to contact personal tutors if they have any concerns. Tutors always seek to work in partnership with mentors in the best interests of our trainees and the children they teach.
- Please support trainees in understanding how to impact positively on pupil progress especially for pupils at risk of underachievement or who are disadvantaged.
- DBS Clearance Letters were sent to schools on 30th March. Please let the SCITT Office know if yours has not been received.
- The SCITT’s Improvement Plan Targets are available on our website in the Mentor Downloads area – all partners should be aware of their role in supporting the achievement of these.
NQTS and RQTs
- A group of former trainees attended a SCITT Alumni Meeting on Thursday 30th March. It is really good to hear how well they are progressing with their careers. SCITT Tutors seek to work in partnership with Induction Tutors of former South Coast trainees to ensure as smooth a transition as possible from training year to NQT year and we will be seeking feedback on the quality of South Coast trained NQTs from Head teachers shortly after the Easter break.
- Friday 19th May 1.30 pm
- Thursday 27th April 1.30 pm (change of date from Thursday 6th April)
- Thursday 29th June 1.30 pm
- Thursday 11th May 1.30 pm (change of date from Thursday 27th April)
- Thursday 13th July 1.30 pm